SESSION REVIEW- SIXTH SESSION (WINTER SESSION) OF FOURTH LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY-23rd November to 1st December 2010
I have the honour to apprise you with the Business conducted by the Delhi Legislative Assembly during the recently concluded Sixth Session (Winter Session) of the Fourth Legislative Assembly.
The Session commenced on the 23rd November 2010 and was adjourned sine die on the 1st December, 2010 after holding six sittings. A brief summary of the various businesses disposed by the House during the Session is as follows:
The House made obituary references to the following:
1. Dr. Roshan Lal, Ex-Member, Metropolitan Council, Delhi.
2. Loss of Life & Property due to collapse of building in Laxmi Nagar, Delhi on 15th November, 2010.
3. Shri K. Narendra, Chief Editor, Daily Pratap
4. Pt. Deep Chand Sharma, Veteran Social Worker & Ex-Chairman, Standing Committee, MCD
Total 545 notices of questions were received during this Session, including 120 Starred Questions & 360 Un-starred Questions. 19 questions were clubbed. Total 46 questions were rejected due to various reasons.
Out of the 100 questions listed for oral answering, the Ministers concerned in the House replied 22 questions and the Members asked 67 Supplementary Questions on them.
Following three Government Bills were introduced and passed in this Session:
1. The Court Fee (Delhi Amendment) (Amendment) Bill, 2010” (Bill No. 08 of 2010)
2. The Delhi Prevention of Touting and Malpractices Against Tourists Bill, 2010 (Bill No. 10 of 2010)
3. The Delhi Value Added Tax (Amendment) Bill, 2010” (Bill No. 09 of 2010)
Papers laid on the Table:
As per established tradition, Chief Minister & Ministers laid copies of 29 notifications issued from time to time by their respective departments during prorogation.
Presentation of Reports of the Committees:
Reports of the two Committees were introduced and passed in the House during this Session:
Special Mention (Rule 280):
The Members raised 26 matters during this Session as special mention by which they drew the attention of the House on different issues. On 07 issues, keeping in view the importance of the problem, concerned Ministers intervened and replied.
Motion Under Rule 107:
Following two Motions under Rule- 107 of Shri Mukesh Sharma were introduced and passed by the House in this Session:
1. Full Statehood to Delhi
2. All the residential properties in unauthorized colonies, being used for self-residential purpose, will be exempt from house tax, till such time these colonies are regularized. Similarly, the residential properties owned and occupied by original owner or his legal heirs in rural and urban villages will be exempted from house tax if being used for self residential purposes.
Short Duration Discussion:
Three Short Duration Discussions were discussed in the House during this Session:
This House was adjourned sine-die on the 1st December, 2010 with the rendering of the National Anthem (Jana Gana Mana).
With high regards.